1 cup farro
3 cups water
1 medium butternut squash, peeled, seeded and cut into ½” cubes
1 tablespoon California extra virgin olive oil
½ teaspoon kosher salt
¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
½ teaspoon allspice
½ cup raw pecans, chopped
¼ cup California extra virgin olive oil
¼ cup fresh orange juice
1 teaspoon honey
¼ teaspoon Trader Joe’s Garlic Aloe mustard
½ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon black pepper
½ cup dried organic cranberries
- Combine the farro and the water in a large saucepan over high heat. Cover and bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer. Simmer on low for 20 minutes until done (with some texture), then remove from heat and allow to sit covered while you prepare the other ingredients.
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F.
- On a large baking sheet, toss the butternut squash cubes with the 1 tablespoon olive oil, kosher salt, black pepper and allspice.
- Roast the squash in the oven for 18 to 20 minutes or until fork tender. Don’t over roast the cubes or they’ll become too mushy. Remove the baking sheet from the oven and set aside to cool.
- Spread the pecans evenly on a small baking sheet. Shut the oven off, but while it’s still hot, place the pecans in and shut the door. Allow them to toast for 4 to 5 minutes. Remove and set aside to cool.
- In a small bowl, combine ¼ cup olive oil, honey, orange juice, mustard, salt, and black pepper. Whisk together and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the farro and the cranberries. Toss with the dressing until completely coated. Now add the squash and pecans and toss lightly.