0.25 cups Avocado oil
3 cloves Garlic, minced
0.5 cups Bone or chicken broth
2 cup Lemon zest
0.25 cups Lemon juice, freshly squeezed
1 tblsp Oregano, fresh, organic, destemmed and chopped
1 tblsp Thyme, fresh, organic, destemmed and chopped
2 lbs Chicken breasts, organic, boneless, skinless
1 tblsp Kosher salt
2 each Lemons, organic
1 each Fennel with fronds, organic, sliced
2 each Oranges, organic
2 each Limes, organic
0.25 tblsp Cilantro, organic, chopped
1 tblsp Rice vinegar
1 tblsp Extra-virgin olive oil
1 tsp honey
Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Warm the avocado oil in a saucepan over medium-low heat, add the garlic to release it’s
fragrance, about 1 minute. Don’t allow the garlic to turn brown.
- Off the heat, add the broth, lemon zest, lemon juice, oregano, thyme, and salt and pour
into baking pan.
- Add the fennel and mix to coat.
- Pat the chicken breasts dry and place them over the sauce. Brush and turn the the
chicken breasts with avocado oil mixture to fully coat. Cut each lemon into 8 wedges
and tuck them among the pieces of chicken.
- Bake for 30 to 40 minutes, depending on the size of the chicken breasts, until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees F. Cover the pan tightly with aluminum foil and allow to rest for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare the salsa. With a sharp knife, remove the peel and white pith from
oranges and limes and discard. Cut the orange and lime segments from the surrounding
membranes and coursely chop. Gently toss the oranges, limes, cilantro, vinegar, oil,
honey, salt and pepper in a large bowl till combined. Taste and add more honey
depending on the tartness of the limes and oranges.
- When plating, place chicken on plate with a small amount of the pan juice, removing the
lemon wedges. Top the chicken with a small amount of the salsa.