1 ½ cups whole farro
1 tablespoon salt
2 quarts water
1 pound cherry tomatoes, cut in half
1 tablespoon California olive oil
1 pound sugar snaps peas
4 qts water with 1 tablespoon kosher salt for sugar snap peas
¼ tsp kosher salt
¼ tsp ground black pepper
3 tablespoons California olive oil
2 tablespoons Meyer lemon juice
2 tablespoons shallot, finely minced
½ tsp Trader Joes Garlic Aloe Mustard
- Bring 2 quarts water to boil in large saucepan. Add farro and salt. Return to boil, reduce heat, and simmer until grains are tender with slight chew, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Drain well. (Farro can be refrigerated for up to 3 days.)
- Set oven to 350°F
- Spread sliced tomatoes on cooking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil
- Shake salt and pepper on tomatoes. Mix tomatoes to coat evenly.
- Bake until tomatoes are jammy and excess liquid has evaporated, approximately 15 minutes.
- Bring water and 1 tablespoon kosher salt to boil in large pot. Add snap peas. Cook until vegetables are crisp-tender, 1-2 minutes.
- Transfer sugar snap peas to an ice bath and let cool for 15 minutes. Drain and spread out on a baking sheet to dry.
- Whisk oil, lemon juice, shallot, mustard, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper together in large bowl.
- Combine cooled vegetables, farro, and tomatoes.
- Add dressing and toss to combine. Season with salt and pepper to taste and transfer to serving bowl.