3 cups Broccoli florets, cut into bite size pieces
3 lbs Organic boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
2 tsp baking soda
2 cups water
3 tblsp cornstarch
1 tsp sea salt
3 tblsp coconut oil, divided
2 each organic red pepper, seeded and diced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 tsp grated ginger
3 each scallions, chopped, whites separated from greens
5.0 tblsp Kikkoman Gluten-Free Tamari Soy Sauce
2 tsp sesame oil
5.0 tblsp honey
3.0 tblsp sesame seeds (black or regular)
2 each eggs, separated, use whites for this recipe, reserve yolks for something else
Salt and Pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 450.
- Combine baking soda and water. Add chicken and let sit at room temperature for
15 minutes. Drain chicken, rinse under cold water, then drain again. Pat chicken
dry with paper towels.
- In a large pot with lid, cover the broccoli with water. Bring to simmer over high
heat, reduce to medium, then cover and cook until vibrant and tender, 1-2
minutes. Drain and rinse with cold water.
- Wisk egg whites, cornstarch and salt in large mixing bowl until smooth. Add
chicken and toss to combine.
- Generously coat bottom of roasting pan with coconut oil. Layer chicken evenly in
pan, trying to not overlap chicken. Bake in hot oven, stirring as needed to brown
chicken, 10 minutes.
- Coat skillet with coconut oil and heat on stove over medium heat. Add peppers
and white portions of the scallions. Cook till slightly charred, 2 minutes. Stir in
garlic and ginger and cook till fragrant, 1 minute.
- Combine Tamari, sesame oil and honey in bowl.
- Add pepper mixture, broccoli and Tamari mixture to chicken roasting pans.
Gently stir to combine.
- Return to oven to heat and thicken sauce.