1 Tbsp olive oil
1 tsp salt
5.5 each organic medium carrots, chopped into 1/4 inch slices
1.5 each organic medium onions, finely chopped
2 each cloves garlic, peeled, minced
2 cups celery, chopped into 1/4 inch slices
8 cups vegetable broth and/or water
1 cups fresh mint, chopped
1 each lemon, juiced
2 cups green split peas
Salt and Pepper as needed
- In a large pot, heat olive oil. Cook onion, carrot, celery and garlic until onion is translucent.
- Stir in yellow and green split peas, broth and salt.
- Cover, bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer about 40 minutes, stirring frequently. Add additional broth or water as needed.
- Add mint and simmer for 5 minutes. Add lemon juice and remove from heat.
- Puree with a blender or food processor leaving some texture in the soup.
- Return to pot, heat through. Taste for seasoning and adjust with salt and pepper as needed.