3 tablespoons California olive oil
3 garlic cloves, finely minced
1 ½ teaspoons cumin
1 ½ teaspoons coriander
½ teaspoon Mexican oregano
1 teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon pepper
1 pound sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed into 3/8 inch pieces
1 bell pepper stemmed, seeded and cut into ¼ inch pieces
1 sweet onion diced into ¼ inch pieces
1 15 oz can black beans, drained
½ cup cilantro, minced
- Preheat oven to 450°F
- In a large bowl combine olive oil, garlic, cumin, coriander, oregano, salt, and pepper whisk together.
- Add sweet potato, onions and bell pepper. Mix to coat veggies.
- Spread veggies on a greased foil lined cookie sheet. Do not crowd.
- Roast until golden brown about 30 minutes
- Stir and rotate sheets after 15 minutes
- In the large mixing bowl add black beans and ¼ cup cilantro.
- Add roasted veggies and gently combine
- Serve, topping with cilantro