This warm and comforting vegetable soup is pure coziness in a bowl. It is not only brimming with healthy, vibrant veggies in a rich broth, but it is easy to make and oh-so-tasty!
- (8) 1-3/4 cup servings
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1-1/2 yellow onion, diced small
- 3/4 tablespoon salt
- 3 large carrots, diced small
- 5 large celery stalks, diced small
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 3 quarts vegetable or chicken broth
- 1-1/2 cups fresh or frozen sweet peas
- 3/4 cup frozen corn
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
Add your choice of chopped broccoli, cauliflower, zucchini, or other vegetables.
Heat the olive oil in a soup pot over medium heat. Add the onion and sauté until translucent, about 4 minutes. Add the carrot, celery, garlic, ginger, basil, and salt and continue sautéing for about 8 minutes.
Pour in 1 cup of the broth to deglaze the pot. Add the remaining broth and bring it to a boil. Lower the heat to maintain a vigorous simmer
Add the peas, corn, and lemon juice and cook for 5 minutes more, then stir in the parsley and serve.
Optional: You may thicken soup by briefly using an immersion blender.